Clear Side door?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I am wondering if there is a clear side door to replace the side door on the powermac/mac pro case. I like the inside of my quad and would really like to have it visible. Apple put so much hard work into making the inside of their computer really nice looking, and nobody can see it.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you have the same system as I. I believe all you have to do is remove the metal cover and you should see a plastic cover. I think I remember reading that you can run it with out the metal cover, but not with out the plastic cover. Because the plastic cover is needed for air flow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, the larger apple retail store near us runs the powermac g5/mac pro with the side door taken off to show off the interior design of the case.

Reaction score
Go on the internet and do a search for companys that do customizing work on computers. Lots of people pimp out their systems with water cooling and all kinds of fancy lights. Chances are good that one of them would have the clear plastic you would need to do the job on a Mac Pro. Maybe already drilled for it. If not just get a clear plastic sheet the proper size and drill your own holes. Nothing to it.

Almost any company that caters to overclockers would be likely to have what you are looking for and all kinds of lights, black lights, neon, etc...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5GHz
You can always get out the dremel and elbow grease and go at it...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.