• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Fixed a semi-problem out of curiosity..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
So today I was messing around with my Powerbook, since I've been using the Powermac more lately, I went to "About this Mac" and noticed it only had 256mb ram showing... My machine has 512.. So I opened the keyboard and noticed that one stick was a bit loose and not seated properly..

My gf has been complaining to me that the Internet has been slow and the general performance was a lot slower than what it used to be.. In my mind I was thinking "It can't be the machine, I've never had a problem with it."

So I re-seated the ram, and voila! Performance is noticably different and it is now sohwing 512mb ram once again. Internet connectivety is much faster, as well as over-all performance...

I guess sometimes it pays to be curious.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.