• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

iskin.. what a ripoff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2 Gigs RAM and Macbook 2 Ghz CD 1 Gig RAM
This thing is complete junk.. it doesn't fit! I know I ordered the right one for my computer, so thats not the problem. It doesn't fit tightly around the keys and it comes off when I type. I can not get it to fit tightly no matter what i do. Ripoff.. I'm really upset because this thing was expensive for what I got.

S

sursuciofla

rift0065 said:
This thing is complete junk.. it doesn't fit! I know I ordered the right one for my computer, so thats not the problem. It doesn't fit tightly around the keys and it comes off when I type. I can not get it to fit tightly no matter what i do. Ripoff.. I'm really upset because this thing was expensive for what I got.

For what model? I got one for my ibook a couple of years ago and still have it. It fits on the keys just fine and does not come off when I type. Only problem I really had with it when I first got it is that it didn't fit snug on the edges. I later learned to deal with it.

Sorry you have had trouble with it though that sucks.

OP
rift0065
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2 Gigs RAM and Macbook 2 Ghz CD 1 Gig RAM
yeah it doesn't fit snug at all on the edges.. thats the problem, it looks rediculous and it comes off really easily.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I had an iSkin and I loved mine. It's not designed to fit snugly, that would be bad. Macbooks vent heat from the keyboard, it needs to be loose so the heat can escape.

S

sursuciofla

I thought MacBooks vented through the back? I know my iBook vents through keyboard but I thought the design was changed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I think the Macbook vents just about everywhere...it's a hot machine :)

Reaction score
I have one for my macbook pro, and love it. You just have to get used to it, it will feel different. However I have grown to love it. The keystrokes are silent, and I can be as messy around my computer as a I want to be. It also is nice because I can feel better about other people using my computer.
Overall a great product, a little overpriced, but worth it since there isnt another option.
I havnt had ny problems with the iskin coming up as I type, and it is perfectly molded for my keys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Bluesmudge said:
The keystrokes are silent, and I can be as messy around my computer as a I want to be.

Not saying you would.. Right? ;-)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.