new 24" imac - computer keeps talking in steven hawking voice?!

Reaction score
hey there, quick question -- im not sure what i enabled or how to disable it, but my computer started talking in a steven hawking voice saying everything i click on. it's quite annoying, anyone know how to disable it? thanks

Reaction score
Stephen Hawking that's funny. Here you go.

System Prefs-Speech-Speakable Items-Off.

OP
B
Reaction score
Something is different, because now in the drop down apple menu I get two Restart, Shut Down, and Log Out options. Please don't tell me 48 hours and it's time for a system restore already? :)

My first Apple computer, and I'm liking it a lot so far, until now where it won't stfu every time i hover over anything.

OP
B
Reaction score
to elaborate more, when i click Macintosh HD i hear a click, and whenever a page in safari finishes loading an annoying chime sound

i created a second bare account to see if it happened on it, and it did not

Reaction score
I would take on that second account and delete the first....when you delete it it will ask you if you want to save all the files/personal stuff. You can access this later and bring it all into your new account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
When they said "super" computer they weren't kidding man ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Please don't tell me 48 hours and it's time for a system restore already? :)
Don't worry about that. You will likely never have to reinstall the OS.
There is always a list of things to do before you resort to the Windows, "Slash & Burn" technique of reinstalling the OS to fix an issue.
I have been using OS X since it was released almost 7 years ago, and I have never had to reinstall any version of it ever... not once. I was always able to correct the problem by other means. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
This happaned to me for a while when I was trying to refresh a page in Safari im used to F5 doing it, I then tried Command + F5, and it started saying everything I did...

Anyway I eventually solved it by clicking the same thing again...

Oh and how do I refresh safari on the keyboard :O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Marl Huss said:
Oh and how do I refresh safari on the keyboard :O
command+r
also, look through the menu bar options, it shows the shortcuts for the different actions

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.