SIMPLE ANSWER REQUIRED - UK adapter

N

nightshiner

hey guys

have a US macbook...need to use it in the UK every now and again...i saw on the apple website that you can buy a "world travel kit" which allows you to slide the corner of the power adapter out and replace it with one from the right region - i don't wanna spend all that money for one tiny piece - is there any way to buy just the UK part? have tried ebay but to no avail...any takers?

thanks in advance for your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you are going to frequent the UK, then the traveler's kit is what you are going to have to get.
Yes, it isn't that cheap... but it is what you need.
:black:

OP
N

nightshiner

D3v1L80Y said:
If you are going to frequent the UK, then the traveler's kit is what you are going to have to get.
Yes, it isn't that cheap... but it is what you need.
:black:

do people sell them off individually if they don't need them?

Reaction score
I live in the UK, and have a spare plug connection from an iPod charger (it's the same plug as is used on the MacBook)

If the US plugs are the same as Canadian ones then I'd happily swap you my UK one for one of your US ones, as I do a fair bit of travelling to Canada ....

Just a thought. Let me know if you think it's worth the bother.

OP
N

nightshiner

fruvos said:
I live in the UK, and have a spare plug connection from an iPod charger (it's the same plug as is used on the MacBook)

If the US plugs are the same as Canadian ones then I'd happily swap you my UK one for one of your US ones, as I do a fair bit of travelling to Canada ....

Just a thought. Let me know if you think it's worth the bother.

i'd love to!

can i just buy the UK one off you? do you have a photo of it? are you sure the ipod adapter is the same?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
My iPod charger is also the same.

But you best check the rest of the details of the AC adaptor themselves. You dont want to fry the poor little white box of power.

Our UK adapters state the following on the bottom.
Input: AC 1.5A 100-240v 50/60 Hz
Output: +16.5V =-=-= 3.65A(Sorry couldn't draw the lines correctly)

If your reads the same then there shouldn't be any problems in sticking in the iPod charger connector. Afterall your AC supply is 110v and the charger we have in Blighty has a huge range of 100v to 240v.

Reaction score
nightshiner said:
hey guys

have a US macbook...need to use it in the UK every now and again...i saw on the apple website that you can buy a "world travel kit" which allows you to slide the corner of the power adapter out and replace it with one from the right region - i don't wanna spend all that money for one tiny piece - is there any way to buy just the UK part? have tried ebay but to no avail...any takers?

thanks in advance for your help

Found these on eBay:

http://search.ebay.com/UK-travel-adaptor_W0QQfromZR40QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQfsprZ0QQssPageNameZRC0021

http://search.ebay.com/travel-MacBook_W0QQfromZR40QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQfsprZ0QQssPageNameZRC0022

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
A regular power adaptor is all you need.

I've had my MBP just 4 months and it's from China but has been home to U.K. with me and to Spain and has been used hassle free in all.

I had the Belkin universal travel adaptor but any will do... I think the stuff in the white box at the end of the power cord regulates the power should there be a slight variation of wattage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.