Replacing HD on G4 ibook ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro (2010) 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM
I was thinking of re-placing the 60gb hard-drive on my girlfriends G4 12" ibook with maybe a 160gb, or at least 120gb, does anyone know of any limitations..ie will it pick up the 160gb drive or most of it.?

ps.. anyone know of a good place to get like apple t-shirts and stuff ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 2Gb, 250Gb, 10.5.2
robbiemullen said:
I was thinking of re-placing the 60gb hard-drive on my girlfriends G4 12" ibook with maybe a 160gb, or at least 120gb, does anyone know of any limitations..ie will it pick up the 160gb drive or most of it.?

ps.. anyone know of a good place to get like apple t-shirts and stuff ?

I've never heard of any limitations in hard drive size for OS X. I wouldn't hesitate to put a 160Gb hard drive in an iBook. I upgraded to an 80Gb about 6 months ago. I've had no trouble. I also upgraded to a 3rd party DVD-RW. If you plan on doing either of those I would recommend performing both upgrades at the same time. Getting the 12" iBook case open is a bear of a job. Here is a link to instructions: http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac/iBook-G4-12-Inch/Hard-Drive

As far as t-shirts, stickers, etc. go to Ebay. They have all kinds of Apple stuff listed on there.

Good luck.

OP
robbiemullen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro (2010) 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM
Where did u get the 3rd party DVD-RW, that site is great, they have everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
There are no limitations, but be careful it is not easy to do this, and if you have a warrenty it will void it opening the ibook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.