keys acting up?

C

cwaters1184

Hi, im new to mac's and this OS. i just recently got a powerbook G4. My problem is that for some reason now some of my keys are doing things that werent before. for example, when i hit F12 the dashboard comes up but when i hit it again to minimize it, it minimizes and then comes back up really quick at the same time turning down my brighness on the screen 1 bar. if i hit the arrow over --> while typing i get 8IK, whys it doing this? thanks

OP
C

cwaters1184

come on guys, nothing? i do have 10.4.8 that i updated yesterday, everything was working fine with the update untill this morning.. i dont know if thats the problem or something esle. im about to just delete the OS and start again.. uggh.

OP
S

sursuciofla

Noooooooooo...........Don't do that. I know there is a thread about things you can do. Search for it and maybe you find it before I do.

OP
S

sursuciofla

Did you do combo update?

Try to redo update. Repair permissions maybe.

Reaction score
cwaters1184 said:
Hi, im new to mac's and this OS. i just recently got a powerbook G4. My problem is that for some reason now some of my keys are doing things that werent before. for example, when i hit F12 the dashboard comes up but when i hit it again to minimize it, it minimizes and then comes back up really quick at the same time turning down my brighness on the screen 1 bar. if i hit the arrow over --> while typing i get 8IK, whys it doing this? thanks

Firstly cwaters1184, have you spilled anything over the keyboard recently?
Also, check to see that a different keyboard layout hasn't recently been activated in the "International" Sys Prefs Pane or that your FN key isn't stuck.

All the above came from my search of the forums.

OP
C

cwaters1184

ok i have no idea why or what i did but it works now, so thanks im just going to let sleeping dogs lie....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
dogs will not sleep forever, come back if the problem keeps acting up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.