What headphones

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
Hi all,

I am looking to buy some new headphones for my iPod. I am not sure which ones to get but I know a couple of the features that I want. They are:

In ear style
Sound excluding (I want to wear them while riding my motorbike)
Not stupid money (I have seen a pair at £350 - too much)

I was wondering what you lot use? All suggestions appreciated.

Oh and I just cannot get on with the Apple supplied ones. They fall out of my ear too easily.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
If you really want sound excluding, which are basically in ear monitors, like the musicians wear, you are going to pay a decent amount for them. You can look at Shure E2's, which are not terribly expensive sitting at 44.32BPS (I live in the US and dont know how to make that symbol :)). The whole Shure line is really good, I know a lot of stage musicians that use them (not the E2's, but the E5's which are 267BPS).

--lifeafter2am

OP
Say_Cheese
Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I will look at the Shure range.

I don't believe that it is any more dangerous to ride a motorbike while listening to music than it is to drive a car while doing the same.

R

ryancouey

i got etymotic research ER6i and i am pretty happy with them. they have 4 different ear attachments to ensure proper fit, and they are reasonably priced. The bass isnt huge, they follow a more balanced spectrum.

S

sursuciofla

Say_Cheese said:
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I will look at the Shure range.

I don't believe that it is any more dangerous to ride a motorbike while listening to music than it is to drive a car while doing the same.

Well don't know much about Britain traffic but here it is important to be able to hear sirens and move accordingly. Music in car is different because it is not blocking out noise unless you have it blasting really high. Since you are looking at noise-cancelling it will block out the ability to hear emergency vehicles. That's all I was getting at. It is against the law to wear headphones in an automobile here because of that issue. I see people doing it sometimes though anyways. I tried it once and didn't like it because it takes away a sense you need when on the road. Besides being able see to correctly I think it is very important. Like I said though I am no expert in motor biking so maybe I am wrong with my analysis.

Good luck on finding your headphones. :headphone

E

ecapdeville

Hi!

I am a motorcycle rider and sometime ago tryied to hear my ipod while I was riding, you can select a good volume sound to have a pleasure music feeling while riding and hear at the same time the highway noises, the only thing that I hated was that after some time the headphones started to be painfull because of the helmet and I had to stop and take away them, a shame.

So, the most important thing is the way they fit in your ears and the helmet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.