What's a fair price?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
I was talking with my grandma today and she told me that their old Mac Performa died on them so they were going to look into a laptop of some kind. I encouraged her to stick with Mac and she was inclined to do so. Now, a few hours later I was thinking maybe she'd be interest in buying my 12" PowerBook G4 from me, she's pretty well off so maybe she'd like to. I bought it in October of last year so it's not old and it's been well taken care of. Plus for the kinds of things they usually do with a computer (ie e-mail, word processing... that's it) the PB would be more than enough for them. I've been wanting to get my hands on a MacBook since they released them but haven't had any way to do so since I've been out of a job so maybe selling the PB could give me substantial capital to start with. However, I don't want to rip her off... so what do you guys think is a good price that would be fair for both sides? I was thinking in the neighborhood of 700, considering I paid 1500 and it's in mint condition. Heck that's less than half of the new price. But I don't know, I appreciate the input. Thanks guys :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2GHz | 1GB RAM | 256MB VRAM | Mac OS X 10.4.7
Without Applecare? I would say that's a fairly decent price. However, since it's your grandma you might wanna ask for more hahahah. Go for it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Seems like a decent price to me.

Personally, I would feel guilty selling it to my Grandma. :biohazard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5GHz
That price is about right. I've been eyeing them on eBay and that's about what they're selling for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Just make sure she's comfortable with the screen size though...

If they were using a performa they probably had a larger monitor with a similar resolution as your powerbook. The smaller screen might be difficult for them to see properly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.