Comic Life

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
I have Comic Life on my MBP which is great if you want to make comics, make comics, or make comics, but what I want to do is, well should be, far simpler.

I just want to be able to create a speech bubble to place on an i-photo or i-movie still. A fellow Mac owner said it can't be done but I'm not buying that, surely there must be a way.

This is for personal not professional use but it would be a great tool for e-mailing photos and creating slideshows.

I could get an even more accurate comic effect by using the 'colour TV' effect in i-movie for a still.

Would be great news if one of you out there could tell me a way of importing the speech/thought bubble effect onto i-photos without being restricted to the bounderies of Comic Life - i.e. You must create a whole page etc...

Reaction score
cameronryan said:
I have Comic Life on my MBP which is great if you want to make comics, make comics, or make comics, but what I want to do is, well should be, far simpler.

I just want to be able to create a speech bubble to place on an i-photo or i-movie still. A fellow Mac owner said it can't be done but I'm not buying that, surely there must be a way.

This is for personal not professional use but it would be a great tool for e-mailing photos and creating slideshows.

I could get an even more accurate comic effect by using the 'colour TV' effect in i-movie for a still.

Would be great news if one of you out there could tell me a way of importing the speech/thought bubble effect onto i-photos without being restricted to the bounderies of Comic Life - i.e. You must create a whole page etc...

OmniGraffle will allow speechbubbles but you have to drag&drop the photo onto the project window first. I'm not sure what you would do then to convert it back into a photo...maybe a screenshot and crop?

I did this image and then screengrabbed it and cropped etc:

258373341_0d43be6fe2.jpg

OP
cameronryan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
Thanks for that, I have downloaded Omnigraffe and it's in the dock.

Nice dog by the way!

C

coloradobob

cameronryan said:

Cam ... You can use Comic there are single panel templates in that app. and you can delete as many of the extra windows in the panels.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.