Quciktime Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 imac 500mhz and 266mhz, ipod mini
Hey when I watch certain videos ( that are not terribly big) in my browser window (safari,firefox) Both have the samw issue. The issue is that the video plays a few seconds fine then the image freezes but the music continues but this only happens on some videos and actually happens in just quicktime alone. Then sometimes it will like what i geuss is re-buffer it then play a few more seconds then the image freezez again. What could this be? poorly installed codecs? or just computer is to slow Imac indigo 500mhz with 512 ram 128 gb hard drive (actually 160 but u know) and 200 external. Please help because this is really annoying!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I don't know if this is related or not, but just let the entire movie load before you start playing it. The track bar should also be the loading bar, so you can see how much it's done. Sometimes the movie may stutter a bit if it's still loading, or completes loading while you're playing.

By default, I think quicktime in browsers will start playing the movie when it has downloaded enough and/or is downloading fast enough for it to play at the same time. After it's loaded, try playing the movie through then - if that plays fine it may be a processor thing. I'm guessing saved movies on your HD play fine?

Reaction score
applecrisp said:
Hey when I watch certain videos ( that are not terribly big) in my browser window (safari,firefox) Both have the samw issue. The issue is that the video plays a few seconds fine then the image freezes but the music continues but this only happens on some videos and actually happens in just quicktime alone. Then sometimes it will like what i geuss is re-buffer it then play a few more seconds then the image freezez again. What could this be? poorly installed codecs? or just computer is to slow Imac indigo 500mhz with 512 ram 128 gb hard drive (actually 160 but u know) and 200 external. Please help because this is really annoying!!

Could you post a link to one of the movies so we can check it out ourselves?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.