Importing into iPhoto

Reaction score
I have GBs upon GBs of photos from my Windows Machine, all set into Folders, all containing sub folders of images.

I am trying to import them all into iPhotos so I can view them all full screen using front row, but the importing isn't working properly, in the sense of it doesn't bring them into iPhoto into their subfolders what they're currently in - all just into one big folder.

Is there a way around this?

Liam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
iPhoto - > Preferences -> Advanced

Turn off the option to copy the files to the iPhoto Library folder. This will keep your folder structure in tact

OP
L
Reaction score
Still doing the same - as soon as I hit import they all go into the Library folder and don't make their own folder then subfolders within :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Oh I thought you were complaining about the way that iPhoto organizes folders within the Pictures directory itself. Only way you could create the same folder structure is to create all of the folders in iphoto, and then import the pictures for each folder by dragging the pictures into their proper folder

OP
L
Reaction score
Yeah, that was the way I was hoping I didn't have to do as it's going to take me hours - ** hum

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.