What is the best mac email application?

Reaction score
I was gutted to find my MS Office Student Pack doesn't come with MS Outlook, and at the moment I am using this 'Mail' program, but it is very limited and has no options whatsoever in comparison to MS Outlook.

I seen that MS Outlook 2001 is available to download from the MS Website so if there's no other decent email apps (Surely is?) I will just get this?

Thanks
Liam

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What options is Mail missing? It's a very complete POP/IMAP email client. The only other I really am impressed with on the OSX platform is Mozilla Thunderbird.

M

MacWannabe

Liam said:
I was gutted to find my MS Office Student Pack doesn't come with MS Outlook, and at the moment I am using this 'Mail' program, but it is very limited and has no options whatsoever in comparison to MS Outlook.

I seen that MS Outlook 2001 is available to download from the MS Website so if there's no other decent email apps (Surely is?) I will just get this?

Thanks
Liam

Entourage?

Reaction score
For years I have used Opera, with XP as well as various Linux flavors and used it initially after coming to Mac. I have since switched to Mac Mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Liam said:

Thanks
Liam

Entourage is the Office for Mac answer to Outlook. As far as Mail missing features that Outlook has, can you tell me what you think those are? I honestly feel as far as an email app goes, Mail is better than Outlook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
mail is fine. it has everything that outlook has !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well - it doesn't look as cluttered and junky as outlook... so it must be missing something! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
I used Entourage for some time and had a couple of problems so used googlemail and have now set up to use Mail again. The only weird thing with Mail is that it looks vary sparse to the Outlook I use at work which has a calenday and tasks rolled into it.
Mail works well and I prefer having the seperate programmes but its just odd at first when you spend all day in front of a Dell.

Reaction score
What is Mail missing? I've always thought it was great. And it will be even better when Leopard gets here.

OP
L
Reaction score
That was my first stupid post...Im still getting used to a non Windows platform and couldn't work out why the 'Mail' application had no options at the top of it's window...and after your replies I realised I must be missing something...

I'll get used to all the options being at the top of the monitor and not the application window itself!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
Liam said:
That was my first stupid post...Im still getting used to a non Windows platform and couldn't work out why the 'Mail' application had no options at the top of it's window...and after your replies I realised I must be missing something...

I'll get used to all the options being at the top of the monitor and not the application window itself!! :D

Dont worry about it, it took a while for me to get used to the windows when I did I am much happier with the Apple method.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.