Unplugged lost information?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz 20", MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 13"
I was moving some furniture around which required me to unplug my iMac Intel for about 45min or so. When I plugged it back in, it had to search for my bluetooth keyboard and lost my WEP wireless password information. Is this normal? I mean its not a big deal, just curious.

Reaction score
Basically what you did was shutdown and boot up your iMac Intel which is perfectly normal behaviour...the keyboard and WEP should be recognised at each bootup, and you are saying that they weren't....

I don't have direct experience with bluetooth or WEP but what you experienced doesn't seem normal and I'm wondering if everytime you start your iMac do you have this problem and when you were moving the furniture did you shutdown the iMac correctly?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, it defenitely doesn't happen everytime I boot up. This happened only when I actually unplugged it from the wall socket for about an hour.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
I have had to search for my bluetooth mouse again before also. I believe if you turn the mouse off, then forget to turn it on before booting the mac, it will have to be re-discovered. As for the WEP password, that has also happened to me when my ibook entirely ran out of battery. I wrote down my password in a doccument so I can just copy and paste it into the airport password window when I need to.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah the bluetooth acts kinda funny sometimes. I found that if I hold down a key on my keyboard or press caps lock and wait a few seconds it'll eventually recognize it. Same thing when I had my mighty mouse, I held down the mouse button and it recognized it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
To get my macbook to re-connect to my keyboard, I just have to hit a key or two and wait about a second for it to connect.

I normally just wiggle the brightness or volume keys up and down once.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.