MacBook Pro not sleeping when shut

B

boredomskater

My Macbook pro used to sleep when I closed the lid, and music playing in iTunes would shut off, but it no longer does this. I haven't changed any settings to my knowledge, so i'm just wondering what's going on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Make sure any USB devices aren't connected when you attempt to put it to sleep.

OP
B

boredomskater

D3v1L80Y said:
Make sure any USB devices aren't connected when you attempt to put it to sleep.
I always have a mighty mouse plugged in, and the macbook is plugged in through the AC adapter, and it would shut off the music and hibernated before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5 GHz Pb G4 2 GB, imac 2.4 GHz 2 GB, iphone 16 GB
i had a problem like that with my powerbook once.
it turned out that the little magnet thingy that locks the lid with the computer stopped working and i had to have it replaced.
i suggest you go to your apple service and let them do that for you.

Reaction score
I had this problem too, where the MB would be constantly turning on and off and trying to access the superdrive. I realized that it was and SD expansion card that I had plugged in and left in there. I used to have to take the expansion card out all the time before I would close the MBP; now there must have been an update that fixed it because it doesn't do it anymore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.