mirroragent?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2ghz intel, 1gb ram, 80gb HDD
when i shut down my macbook someetimes, it takes a really long time and says that it's not able to because "mirroragent failed to close"....i dont even know what mirror agent is...it just annoys me because it takes a really long time, and lots of attempts to shut down my macbook...sometimes it just WONT turn off.

any help is appreciated

thanks

Reaction score
maxmumsxspd said:
when i shut down my macbook someetimes, it takes a really long time and says that it's not able to because "mirroragent failed to close"....i dont even know what mirror agent is...it just annoys me because it takes a really long time, and lots of attempts to shut down my macbook...sometimes it just WONT turn off.

any help is appreciated

thanks

I was able to find this information which I hope helps you with your problem:

Mirror Agent Error

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The "Mirror Agent" is the software that keeps your local copy of your iDisk in "sync" with your remote copy.
It could be that you had made changes at Homepage and the files had not yet been "synced" to your local copy.
If it happens often you can turn off the "automatic" syncing feature.
If it continues to be a problem, try opening your Activity Monitor and quit MirrorAgent from the processes list, then shut down.

Personally, I don't see any reason to shut off the computer. Leaving it running is not going to hurt anything or cause any damage. Putting it to sleep would be a better option if you need to transport it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2ghz intel, 1gb ram, 80gb HDD
thanks a lot for the info...yea i normally put it to sleep but sometimes i turn it off if im out a long time...just a habit

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.