MSN messenger

S

SilverBlade

I am planning on getting an Apple Macbook soon (for my hospital stay when I am recieving a bone marrow transplant, I can not LIVE without a computer). anyways... my question is this...

I know there is aMSN for OSX, it supports video chat, but not voice. I *need* voice *and* Video together, as I use MSN messenger with webcam and microphone every day for hours and hours..so..my question is: Will MSN messenger, on Windows XP, through Parellels, running on OSX, be able to use the iSight camera and mic at the same time? I searched the forums for this answer and didn't find it..

OP
C

CWMac

Wont it be easier to use BootCamp, WinXP and then MSN. Id hope the inbuilt stuff would still work with bootcamp since you make a Mac driver disc and id hate to think Apple didnt bother including them.

Oh and best of luck for the hospital stay :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I don't think parallels supports the iSight (I don't have my External drive with my XP install on to test) but I think BootCamp has gotten the iSight to work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Yes, the iSight will work with Bootcamp. As a side note, MS just released MSN 6.0 for Mac (not a huge improvement) but why that's important is they also announced they're actively working on supporting video/voice in the next version.

Reaction score
Adium is also supposed to be working on bringing video/chat to their service but I don't know if this will be happening soon...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.