Macbook Pro vs Macbook

Reaction score
I am considering buying the Macbook, but wanted to know how much of a difference there is between it and the Macbook Pro. Specifically the 13 in 2.0GHz vs the 15.4 in 2.16GHz. Is the difference significant enough to justify the cost difference? I will be using the computer for recording music and video editing.

thanks for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Well it really depends on what you plan on doing with the machine....How heavy is the video and audio editing?

You can find some really great info on this topic using the search function. It has been discussed many times and I am sure you won't have a problem finding any info concerning your situation.

Good luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
nestafear said:
I am considering buying the Macbook, but wanted to know how much of a difference there is between it and the Macbook Pro. Specifically the 13 in 2.0GHz vs the 15.4 in 2.16GHz. Is the difference significant enough to justify the cost difference? I will be using the computer for recording music and video editing.

thanks for any help

If you have the funds, I'd suggest the Macbook Pro.

With the glossy screen, 1gb of ram, and the 7200rpm 100gb upgrade ($100 for the hd upgrade), you would be set.

Better resolution, graphics card, and screen (glossy), would greatly help you with your video editing.

OP
N
Reaction score
i tried a search with no luck. maybe you can give me a topic to search. i tried "macbook pro and macbook".

i need the computer for sound engineering school. the video editing is just a hobby. i just read that the keyboard lights up. thats a nice feature.

thanks for your opinion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
I have both of them (MB and MBP), and I do some pretty serious recording with Logic Pro. The macbook just doesnt seem to have the horsepower to run logic the way that I like to use it, but it does garageband just fine. The macbook Pro on the other hand, is smoking fast with logic pro.

If your going to sound school....you NEED the macbook pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5GHz
You will also find that the MacBook Pro has discrete ATi Radeon X1600 graphics whereas the MacBook has integrated Intel graphics that you can't do too much with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
sixslinger said:
I have both of them (MB and MBP), and I do some pretty serious recording with Logic Pro. The macbook just doesnt seem to have the horsepower to run logic the way that I like to use it, but it does garageband just fine. The macbook Pro on the other hand, is smoking fast with logic pro.

If your going to sound school....you NEED the macbook pro

is the .16mhz really that much of a difference in logic, or do you have different amounts of ram in each system?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
i do have 512 more RAM in the MBP, and that may be part of the difference...but the MBP feels MUCH snappier in logic (actually the macbook can barely keep up with a lot of tracks)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.