Need help please?

Reaction score
I have 10.3.9 system running. I got the external lacie dvd drive. Now the only problem I have is I don't have a dvd playing program to watch my movies on my computer. I guess when my computer updated to 10.3.9 it never got the dvd player with it. Now I need a player to watch my movies.
I went to macupdate.com and d/l some of the players but it's not working and I don't know why. I went to the Apple store and the guy said either I hook my computer up with another to get the player or upgrade to 10.4.
I just want to know before I do either of those two options...does anyone know if there is a dvd player program out there that I can d/l to play my movies on my external dvd player? Please help.
Thanks so much in advance for any suggestions!

OP
C
Reaction score
Help please???

I have 10.3.9 system running. I got the external lacie dvd drive. Now the only problem I have is I don't have a dvd playing program to watch my movies on my computer. I guess when my computer updated to 10.3.9 it never got the dvd player with it. Now I need a player to watch my movies.
I went to macupdate.com and d/l some of the players but it's not working and I don't know why. I went to the Apple store and the guy said either I hook my computer up with another to get the player or upgrade to 10.4.
I just want to know before I do either of those two options...does anyone know if there is a dvd player program out there that I can d/l to play my movies on my external dvd player? Please help.

Reaction score
caliangel528 said:

vlc worked for my external.
Its available from version tracker. Just make sure you down load the version for 10.3.
good luck

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You can also get a copy of Pacifist and get the Apple DVD player from your install media.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.