EyeTV remote control: remap buttons?

Reaction score
I bought an EyeTV 200 a while back and am using it on my iMac G5. I recently followed a tutorial to get Front Row running without a receiver.

Works great, but I can only use front row via keyboard shortcuts.

I already have an EyeTV 200 remote control , so I was wondering if there is an app out there that will allow me to remap the buttons so that they perform certain keystrokes (eg. the 'Select' button could be remapped to be Command+Esc to bring up Front Row).

I also have an Apple Remote that came with my MacBook Pro, so even better would be if there were a way to allow my iMac to recognise the remote through the EyeTV receiver.

ANy ideas welcome! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The latest version of EyeTV allows you to do all functions for EyeTV through a FrontRow menu using your laptops remote

OP
T
Reaction score
That's what I thought initially, but according to Elgato's FAQ:

On these newer Macs, EyeTV can also be controlled by the Apple Remote. Specifically, you can use the Apple Remote to call up EyeTV’s new Full Screen Menu...The Apple Remote only works with the Mac’s built in IR sensor and can not be used with IR Sensors on EyeTV devices.

So although you can use the Apple Remote to control EyeTV, it will only work if you have a built-in IR receiver :(

I just went to Twisted Melon's site. They are touting the Manta TR1 which enables you to use the apple remote with older Macs. This is a good backup plan, but it would be nice if I didnt have to buy new hardware, after all, I have everything I should need, it's just the software configuration that is stopping me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
But there is no need to even use the EyeTV IR sensor. You can control everything through the Apple Remote so theres no point in even using the EyeTV 200 remote

OP
T
Reaction score
yeah but I cant control anything using the Apple Remote because I bought my iMac G5 before front row, so it doesn't have an Apple IR sensor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.