• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The most important decision of my life...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
i almost have enough money to either buy a 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, or to buy a really pimped out drumset...
WHAT SHOULD I DO!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
What kind of computer do you have now? Do you already have a drum set? How into playing are you?

Reaction score
I can see you got two computers but don't know if you have a drumkit. FWIW when I last had a bit of money instead of buying a new Mac I bought an electric guitar, a small mixer, firewire audio interface and Logic Express. Glad I did. The Mac mini can just hold out now until I get more cash together so I can go Mac Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Neither.

Use the money to pay off bills.
:black:

OP
leecho7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
D3v1L80Y said:
Neither.

Use the money to pay off bills.
:black:

Thats what I really need to do... but there is no fun in that.

I already have a decent drumset, however I can find a great deal on some professional studio quality drums in my price range.

Drums and video production are my life heh, however at the moment, both my drumset and my imac are mediocre.

I guess I'll go with the drumset, since my imac for now suits me fine. Argh, I don't know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
leecho7 said:
I already have a decent drumset... my imac for now suits me fine.
Sounds like you don't need either of those, but...When the suggestion to pay off bills comes up:
leecho7 said:
Thats what I really need to do... but there is no fun in that.
Paying bills isn't fun. It is a part of life, though. :black: :biohazard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
*Agrees with DevilBoy.

Pay off your bills. You'll feel much better debt free, than with a new iMac/drumset.

V

VulcanMonkey

Buy a Wii...

with all that extra money you have, you can pay some bills too...

oh and by the way, that really shouldn't be the most important descion of your life ;)

-Vulcan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PBook G4 1.67/1.5GB
I thought I'd be reading about losing a kidney. :)

No bills sounds like fun, then you can save again and then TRULY enjoy your drums.

OP
leecho7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I heard you can get 5 grand for donating one of your nuts...

In all seriousnessism, I decided to just pay off my debt and then save up again. My set is an intermediate set which suits me just fine, and my iMac is more than powerful for my needs (except for the noisy fan... **** revision A products).

As for the Wii, I already have Zelda Twighlight Princess and Red Steel reserved. Just waiting for (insert gamestore here) to start taking reservations on the system itself.

And you're correct vulcanmonkey, the real important decision that I'm faced with is Beef or Chicken?

Reaction score
Most important decision of your life :p I think the more important one is to pay the bills or not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.