iPhoto Buy Book

Jem

Reaction score
I've spent a bit of time making a large family album up in iPhoto and have produced a PDF that I'm happy with... the question is, what now - to Buy this as a softback is £42 (GBP) but I have absolutely no experience of the quality of these books.

Has anyone bought any and what did you think of the quality?

The other alternative I can see is buying a photo album and getting prints of the photos and I reckon I can do that for 10GBP less than buying an iPhoto book so it would need to be good.

Alternatively can the PDF be printed out onto decent paper to produce as good a result?

Thanks for any help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
The books are very decent quality, we have a trial of the whole set at work and the quality is pretty nice.

But traditional glued-in photo albums also have their charm :)

OP
J

Jem

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply... seems slightly surprising to me that the only person who's seen these books has seen them at work, has noone actually bought one ever? :D

I think I'll make up a small book and get it printed first and experience it first hand as there's no Apple stores within 100 miles of me (thanks Apple! I've always wondered about the logic of 3 Apple stores in London and NONE in Northern Ireland but heyho that's another thread :D). I was hoping someone would say they've bought one and it was so good they bought another, then another, etc..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Give them a bit, the americans are usually a bit later to respond due to time differences :)

I got a medium softcover made for my grandfather as well, it turned out pretty nicely apparently! (I had it sent directly to him)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
wow you guys were on at 4:30 in the morning!

I have never bought one, but I am planning on buying one for january, a little gift for a friend of all the pictures of her and her friends, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.