Unable to print on networked printer...

Reaction score
I have a Lexmark P6250 connected to my DELL desktop. The printer is set to share on my network. I am able to connect to the printer without any problems and can even initiate printing. However, after it announces "printing started", nothing happens and the print job just ends. Is this because the printer is connected to a PC rather than a Mac?

Reaction score
Sorry I Can't Help

I am sorry that I dont know how to help, but I was hoping you could help me out.

I have a similar network situation, I have a printer connected to a Dell desktop, but I am not able to figure out how to begin setting up the printer on the mac. I tried to do what the Mac Help told me to do but it never works.

If you would be so kind as to explain to me how you went about setting up the cross OS network it would be greatly appreciated.

***I figured out my problem, but i doubt it is the same as yours, I simply didnt turn on the ability to share anything with Windows machines***

Reaction score
Pelican18TQA4 said:
I have a Lexmark P6250 connected to my DELL desktop. The printer is set to share on my network. I am able to connect to the printer without any problems and can even initiate printing. However, after it announces "printing started", nothing happens and the print job just ends. Is this because the printer is connected to a PC rather than a Mac?

I couldn't get my Mac to print to a printer connected to my PC, but was successful in printing from PC to Mac printer???? How???? Don't ask!

Here are a couple of webpages to help:

http://www.mac-connect.com/direct_printing.php

http://www.mac-connect.com/printer_sharing_win.php

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.