POP3 Access Screwed in OSX

H

HarryRod

Ok. This is now affecting two different macs in my office and it is driving me nuts.
For some reason, on these two computers, whenever we go to check mail, it will login to the POP3 mail server, get the message list and then just sit there until it times out.
OR it will get the message list and download 4 or 5 messages and then just stall.
One of these computers is a G4 powerbook and the other is a brand new straight out of the box Macbook. Both are runnin 10.4 and im runnin out of patience.
Has anyone seen this before? It is really wierd.
It is not related to any specific mail client as I have tried, thunderbird, Entourage, and mail. All three do the same thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
If it's not related to a single client, it's probably the server, or at least the settings you are using to access it. Do you have any other machines you can check with?

OP
H

HarryRod

Nope...its not the server. I am one of the admins here and no other machines on the network are having this problem.
I look in the mail logs, we have a mail server i hate so the logs are kind of limited, and it shows a normal pop access.
These are the only two macs on teh network. none of the windows boxes are having issues.
Any ideas?
I wouldnt be so upset but the macbook that is having the problem is mine!
LOL

cazabam said:
If it's not related to a single client, it's probably the server, or at least the settings you are using to access it. Do you have any other machines you can check with?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.