iMac sucking lately

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G3, intel 1.83 imac, 4th gen 20 gb ipod
Hey everyone,
Yeah as the title says my iMac is not running the way it should lately. I have the 17 inch 1.83ghz intel processor with osx 10.4.7. Here are some of the problems.

1. I will be using it for a little while (haven't got an exact time) and I won't be able to go to the bottom right corner to bring up all my programs open or get my dock to display. I tried opening up system preferences to play around with and it won't open. I have to restart the computer to get it working properly.

2. When I go to shut down sometimes the computer will not shut down. It will sit there and then go to sleep.

I really have started to get annoyed with the intel line of macs. I didn't have nearly as many problems out of my g3 ibook. I understand these things will have bugs and get better though. Thanks.
Josh

Jem

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like a bug to me, sounds more like some form of hardware issue, I've never seen this behaviour on my iMac... anyone else?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I think I figured it out. I had the background that was the alternating pictures and the screensaver that was the changing itunes cd covers. Well I changed them and now have not had the problem. Very weird.

Jem

Reaction score
Interesting, could you perhaps have some corrupted image files that are causing the lock ups when they try to display? I just use the image slideshow screensaver using my iPhoto library but never seen the problem, maybe try removing one of these things at a time to try and isolate it better?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah all I had were pictures of the logos of all my favorite teams sliding in the background. Oh well it works like a champ now so I'm all good. Thanks for the input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.