iMac acting strange, apps closing unexpected

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz 20", MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 13"
I'm not sure what I've done but I did not add anything before this started happening. I had my usualy programs up and running: Mail, Safari, MSN Messenger, and iChat. The when browsing some websites, Safari suddenly quits and I get some error messeges. I was able to catch one to report to apple and it had something to do with the Kernal. Not only with Safari, but it happened with all apps in fact. I've just been noticing this today and I can't quite put my finger on whats causing it. Even when I try to play some games, it acts strange and faulty. I really hope this isn't a hardware issue. But it seems to come and go. Any ideas would be helpfull.

S

sursuciofla

I have experienced this a lot with Safari and am soon going to start using some of my other browsers. I don't know what's up with it, in fact it just happened to me like an hour ago.

S

sursuciofla

But to clarify it doesn't affect any other apps. Word, imovie, and CS2 have been known to crash a lot on my computer though. I just deleted plists though and haven't had any problems except for Safari lately.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz 20", MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 13"
Well as a quick update, I ran the Apple hardware Test and found one of my memory sticks is bad :( But at least the good news is I can exhange it since its still under the 30 day period. Thanks for into tho sursuciofla.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.