App for taking Notes in Class

J

jose_v

I've been wanting to take all my notes for classes purely on my laptop. The problem is, taking notes for chemistry and physics on word becomes kind of hard because of all the equations. I saw a program someone was using which seemed farily adept at handling equations and technical notes. He said it was called tech shop (i think) but i haven't been able to find anything like it on the net. Maybe I misheard, in which case does anyone know maybe what he might have been talking about? If not, does anyone know of any editor (hopefully relatively cheap) that provides quick access to greek alphabet and great at handling equations and the such?

OP
J

jose_v

I've tried that but was just hoping that there was something a little more conducive for that kind of need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
hate to say this... but i would buy a windows tablet pc and type my notes and write the formulas..

OP
S

sursuciofla

PowerBookG4 said:
hate to say this... but i would buy a windows tablet pc and type my notes and write the formulas..

^Beat me to the punch...I was just about to say that's the only other thing I could recommend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sursuciofla said:
^Beat me to the punch...I was just about to say that's the only other thing I could recommend.

Theres probably software out there for this, but I would feel that the tablet would keep me more organized.

Reaction score
Fortunately I don't need to worry about formulas in my classes, but I'll tell ya...... that "Audio Notes" feature in Office 2004 Mac edition is great. Whenever I find myself "Zoning out", I simply type "zoning out" on my notes page and hit the record button. The n later I listen to what I wasnt paying attention to. LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Personally, I find THIS to be the best thing for taking notes in class.
It can duplicate any character out there and is the most reliable thing I have seen around.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol devilboy.

I use pen sometimes, but i find it hard to keep get all the information down, and still be able to read it later if I am not typing.

OP
S

sursuciofla

D3v1L80Y said:
Personally, I find THIS to be the best thing for taking notes in class.
It can duplicate any character out there and is the most reliable thing I have seen around.
:black:

Ha, nice one. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Word notebook is very useful for taking notes in class. Not sure about writing down formulas though. I only use my laptop in my Operating Systems class which has powerpoint slides as companion to the lecture and t ype the notes to accompany.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
If there's a lot to take down, why not consider a digital camera? Just sit it in front of you, make sure flash is off and take a photo (manual settings would help)

If you've got a lot of new formulae to write down, there's every chance you could make a mistake - taking a photo will let you look at any slide again later.

And Devilboy is right. You can't go wrong with pen and paper.

OP
J

jose_v

I'm resorting to the ol' tried and true method and one of my lectures is video-taped and posted online. Just figured that carrying a simple laptop is much more efficient than carrying several notebooks, paper, pens...etc. Boo for having to take technical notes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.