NEED HELP PLEZ with entourage

Reaction score
Hi

entourage database is 1.65gb now no folders show up in 'Folders on my Computer'

this is what i have done so far.

i copied the database to the desktop so its safe.
i deleted the databse from /Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office X Identities/Main Identity

started entourage, it went through the usual setting up the account. i then closed entourage and i replaced the database with the old one (it still states 1.65gb)
when i open entourage it goes through the usual updating. but no folder show up.
i have rebuilt the database and still nothing.

i also moved the copied database to another mac. i am running entourage 2004 on both macs. i replaced the databse and it does the same thing, no folder show up but the databse is 1.56gb!!!!

please can you help

much appreciated. its my life work, i knw i knw i should have backed it up, but the database seems fine, no errors or anyting.
when i hold down alt and start entourage. it gives me options, one is for a rebuild, the other verify database i did both. verify comes back with the database is fine!!!

pleaz help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Try File>Import>Import from an Entourage archive and select your file.

OP
T
Reaction score
yeh i did try that, its a database, not an archive, but whei do try it the databse is grayed out.

oh yeh is there a program i can run on the mac.. or at least scan the database to see if it is showing the correct size??

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
So it was working and suddenly the emails wouldn't appear within Entourage?

OP
T
Reaction score
yeh thats right, they just dont come up, the folders are missing... restoring the database, everyting works, can send and receive e-mails.. but the folders have disappeared from the local computer.
the database does show up as 1.65gb but nothing appears

dnt know wht to do now.
for outlook on a pc, well the pst file (database) there is a program that u can scan the pst file, and if it does show the incorrect size for some reason or the other.. it will correct it.

so was just wondering if there is a program for a mac, that can scan the database?

cheers
again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.