Flash Drive Recommendations

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum 12" 1.33ghz PowerBook G4 w/ 1280mb RAM, 80gb 5400rpm HD, 64mb vid RAM
I am looking for a recommendation for a solid, small, fast USB 2.0 flash drive that is 1gb in capacity.

I used to think that as long as you went with a decent brand name, you were fine, but after endless troubles with a SanDisc Cruzer Micro (and reading about similar hastles in reviews of the same product) with my PowerBook (I tried EVERYTHING and their customer service was NO HELP), I'm beginning to doubt this.

I am utterly intimidated by the variety and selection available, and just when I think I find one I like, I stumble upon some kind of inconsistency regarding it.

Someone. Please. Just give me a recommendation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Personally I like the iPod Shuffle :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have never had any problems with my Lexar jump drives.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I normally don't like Memorex anything, but both of their Flash drives i purchased work perfect in OSX and I nave never had any issues with either. One of the normal 512Meg one and the other the u3 1GB. I got a good deal on them which is why I bought Memorex. No problems at all.

OP
X
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum 12" 1.33ghz PowerBook G4 w/ 1280mb RAM, 80gb 5400rpm HD, 64mb vid RAM
Thanks for the input... shuffle?

Yeah, the shuffle would have been good, except for the redesign is much more a music player and much less a flash drive. The older version seemed to be very much usable as a drive, but now that they've taken the USB plug off of it, you'd have to carry around the dock in order to use it.

I may check out the Memorex ones.

Anybody else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.66 GHz 8 GB
I have been using a Sandisk Cruzer 1gb and it works just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Hmm.. get one of the older ones for a better price.. I hadn't thought about the new ones.. so you have to actually carry the dock also? that does defeat the purpose of using it as a flash drive..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.