Power Supply Unit

B

Bluewolf

PowerBook power cable querey

Is it possible to purchase a UK power supply unit for the PowerBook? I have looked on the Apple store page for the UK and I have not been able to find such a part. Any information in regards to this would be greatly be appreciated.

N.B. Europe and UK wall sockets greatly differ so I am looking for a non-US and a non-Euro power supply unit for a PowerBook.

OP
B

Bluewolf

As I found the answer to this I thought I might as well let others know whom may have also gone to the US from the UK to abuse the strong pound.

Now that you bought your Apple at a great discount due to the exchange rate you are now stuck with American leads. Not to worry as you can buy for £35 inc VAT an Apple travel kit. The travel kit provides all the leads that you will need to connect your Apple to the wall. Including adapters to plug your PSU straight into the wall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
I got my PB from the US. I got an adaptor from WHSmith at the airport for, like, 6 quid. I plug the power supply into that adaptor and it plugs into any UK socket. Just six quid and no problemo at all.

OP
B

Bluewolf

Strider said:
I got my PB from the US. I got an adaptor from WHSmith at the airport for, like, 6 quid. I plug the power supply into that adaptor and it plugs into any UK socket. Just six quid and no problemo at all.

But for £29 more you could connect your PowerBook to an electical socket somewhere in Lithuania! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Agreed. But I don't intend to use it anywhere apart from US/UK. I am in Dubai right now and it works here too. It all comes down to where a person would be using the computer. I doubt whether I'll travel to Lithuania anytime soon, so I guess I'll just save those 29 pounds :D

Further - If another EU adapter is needed, thats another 6 pounds. Thats a grand total of 12 pounds versus 35 :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.