• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How to find the dock logos on OS X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 " Intel iMac, 60 GB 5th Gen iPod 12300+ Songs
You know the iTunes, Finder, Safari, Photoshop etc all the programs you have on your computer where are the logo files located like the "buttons" you click on in the dock

I'm modding my Sidekick3 menu/backgrounds/sounds to be apple-esque and need those logos to change some of the standard ones on the phone's menu

PLEASE HELP ASAP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Are ou talking about the icons? You would need something like Iconographer to transform the icon file into a jpg, png etc..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
Actually, if you want to get a .png of the icon you can press command-shift-4 then hit the space bar. click the camera on a dock icon and it gives you a picture of just the icon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
transparency and all?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yep just tried it, transparency and all. I learn new tricks all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No kidding, thank you for that.. that's a new one for me :)

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 " Intel iMac, 60 GB 5th Gen iPod 12300+ Songs
whoa i figured out how to get the png a while ago but thanks a milllion for that easier way I went to the file in the applications folder say "iTunes" then ctrl+click (right click) view package contents then resources then found the icns file and double clicked, it opened in Preview, from there I File/Save as'd as a PNG thanks everyone!!! screenshots of my Mackick3 haha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.