Can I use my mac as a phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Would I be able to recieve phone calls on my mac? I have an imac and a powerbook. I think if I can connect the phone line through the modem it could work. Are there any ways such as apps or anything else? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
there is an app and a special piece of hardware that you can buy... I can't find it though, it looked really awesome a couple months ago when I was looking at it.

OP
MacMania55
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
ok cool well thanks for tryin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
skype can make computer to computer calls for free. You're able to call any other phone/mobile too, but you need to buy credit for that. You'd only really be able to recieve calls when you're logged in.

I've heard of services that use some little USB thing to connect to special phones to make free (or extremely cheap) calls. When we recently purchased a wireless phone I noticed there was some kind of MSN phone, which I think was able to connect to computers. You should check out electronics stores to see if stuff like that is available near you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.