Handy feature in iTunes - Artwork

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
I've noticed a new feature in iTunes 7... apologies if it was there already and it's just me...

1) If you rip a CD into iTunes, it goes and fetches the cover artwork from the ITMS. Neat!

2) For stuff you've already ripped, you can right-click on the track name and click "Get Album Artwork" and iTunes will go and fetch the artwork, and apply it to all the tracks on the album. It's intelligent enough that you can just select-all your entire library, click "Get Album Artwork" and it'll skip through the tracks which already have artwork, and only fetch the artwork once per album.

Then when you use the Cover Browser mode, all the artwork comes up perfectly instead of lots of blank "Quaver" images.

Way to go, Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Steve jobs did mention this feature in his keynote on the 12th...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
its also been discussed on these forums before.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
Well, thanks for going to the effort of pointing those things out guys, but if you do a search on "iTunes" and "artwork" on these forums and wade through the first 20 or so results, or browse the first page in this topic, you don't find what I posted above. And not everybody sits through the keynotes. Which is why I bothered posting it.

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
Cool, I didn't realise that. I am updating my artwork now.

I

iRizzo

I didn't realize it either and I am an active member on here. Thanks for the heads up!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.