iWeb and Blocked Text Hyperlinks

D

Dar Hosta

I've just created a web site in iWeb (www.darhosta.com ) and, through Safari and Firefox, there are no visual glitches (that I know of). Recently, however, a user emailed me to let me know that when viewed in IE, all the hyperlinks I created in text blocks are "blacked out" like a magic marker. Indeed, when I visited my own site through IE, I get something weird in all the text blocks with links, not blacked out, but like it's a missing image file with messages like: "shapeimage_28_link_1". The links work, but you'd never know what they are going to go to because you can't read the original text that is there.

I'm new to this forum and I've scanned over the previously posted browser issues. I see from other user's posts that IE causes these kinds of problems with iWeb, however, given that many of my clients may be PC users who use IE, I'm troubled by this and wonder if there is a quick fix for this problem. Out of all the things I thought would be glitchy with my iWeb site, creating simple text hyperlinks through the iWeb control panel was the last thing on my mind.

If anyone has any solutions or suggestions for this, I'd certainly appreciate it. I do not know HTML and cannot see myself attempting to patch up the HTML code for IE, like some of the posts suggest. I just wanted a pretty web site that I could control myself!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I have not used iWeb so I am unable to tell you how to fix this problem, maybe I will fool around with it after class to figure out why this is happening and how to fix it. In the mean time however, I would like to tell you how much I like your site! Its amazing, and I did not think iWeb let you do a site like that.

OP
D

Dar Hosta

Thank you! Like I said, I am more interested in the pretty part, not the technical part!

Dar Hosta

OP
D

Dar Hosta

I wonder if it has something to do with using Century Gothic as the font. I wonder if I try the hyperlinks only with something like Arial if that would work. I know that a web designer once told me that HTML does not like Century Gothic.

Dar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I have never heard that, but try it, change the font and put up the site, then check it in internet explorer, see if thats it.. if it is then keep playing with fonts you like until you find one that works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.