Libra + Automator / Applescript = Nirvana

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I'm a recent switcher, and am loving my macbook. One thing that I'm trying to get working which would be great is to use Libra along with iTunes to enable me to have two iTunes libraries - one for in the house and connected to my local network, and one for when I'm on the road with my macbook.

Using Libra I can run both the libraries without any problems whatsoever, but I'd just like to make the process that tiny bit more streamlined.

What I'd really like is to have an icon in my doc which launches a piece of applescript / automator script. This will check if my network share with all my iTunes music available on it is available. If it is, then it will start iTunes. If the network share isn't available, it will start Libra and prompt me to change library to my 'offline' version. I would think this is quite straightforward, but wouldn't know where to start with using automator or applescript. Can anyone help out?

What would be even more amazing would be if the automator script could actually choose the library in Libra for me - ie, if connected to the network it starts iTunes normally. if on the road and without the network share it starts libra, chooses the offline library and then starts itunes. Possible?

tia

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.