powerpoint converstion to .mov issues

Reaction score
We've created a powerpoint presentation but when we conver it to a movie (trying to then convert for ipod), the movie messes up the transitions. For example, on the first slide we've inserted a song and selected for that song to play for 27 slides. When we view the .ppt file, it all works fine and each slide stays for aout 5 seconds then transitions. When we convert to the .mov file, the first slide stays until the entire song is finished. Anyway to fix this as we really need to be able to get the presentation to the iPod.

Thanks!

Reaction score
When you go to File | Make Movie | Choose Movie Options | Under Media Settings make sure the Slide Show settings are set to follow the Slide Show settings. In your Slide Show make sure you have each slide animation set to advance after a certain amount of time. This will ensure it does not wait for you to click the mouse to advance it to the next slide, etc.

Also I notice a lag in the transitions when I play them as .mov files in Quicktime. I would also suggest just choosing a straight cut transition or fade to black quickly.

Hope this helps you out.

OP
B
Reaction score
youthpastor said:
When you go to File | Make Movie | Choose Movie Options | Under Media Settings make sure the Slide Show settings are set to follow the Slide Show settings. In your Slide Show make sure you have each slide animation set to advance after a certain amount of time. This will ensure it does not wait for you to click the mouse to advance it to the next slide, etc.

Also I notice a lag in the transitions when I play them as .mov files in Quicktime. I would also suggest just choosing a straight cut transition or fade to black quickly.

Hope this helps you out.

Yes, we have it set to use the slide show settings. We also have a specified time for each slide to advance...4 to 5 seconds for each slide. I just did a sample movie where I used two slides each with a time of 5 seconds. I then added a song clip to the first slide and told it to play until the second slide. When I "view slide show" it runs the first for 5 second, goes to the secnd for five, then stops, which is what I want. When I go to export it, then watch the .mov file, it shows the first slide until the song is done which is not what I want.

I'd be more than happy to send this .ppt file to someone else to try or hear if someone else has had this issue.

Thanks again!

Reaction score
I know what problem you are experiencing with the audio file now. I encountered the same problem. I do not know nor was I able to ever figure out if there was a way to insert the audio file to play through the entire slideshow--instead of it being inserted to a slide and not allowing the slide to advance to the next one until the song has finished playing.

My suggestion to you--is what I did to remedy my problem. I set up the entire PowerPoint presentation like I wanted and exported the PowerPoint presentation to a .mov file. I then imported that .mov file into iMovieHD and then added the audio file to the workspace. This will then allow you to burn the project to a DVD or export as a .mov file, .avi file, etc.

Like I previsouly stated, I was never able to figure out a way to get the slide to advance until the entire audio file was played. Let me know if you figure out a way to though.

Best of luck!

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have iMovieHD, just iMovie and have never really used it. Is there a way I can have it easily recognize each slide as a clip or do I have to somehow do that manually (if so, how)? Also, when adding songs will I be able to start/stop them at certain clips (our presentation has several songs)?

Thanks again!

And if anyone has a solution to the original problem, please post.

OP
B
Reaction score
I'm trying to import my powerpoint movie into iMovie now and am really noticing a loss in quality. For example, my presentation has some slides with text that look great when view the exported .mov file but once that is imported into iMovie it looks horrible..any ideas??

OP
B
Reaction score
Importing .mov to iMovie looses quality

I have a powerpoint presentation and took the presentation and converted it to a movie in powerpoint. Some parts of the presentation had text and when I view these through the exported movie, they look great. I am now trying to create a project in iMovie but when I import in the .mov file and view it in iMovie, the text looks bad, seems to be a real loss in quality...any ideas??

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Merged threads due to cross posting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.