Recording Garageband vocals with internal mic

Reaction score
When I try and record vocals, I get that annoying clicking every other second (I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about). How do I get rid of that clicking? Thanks.

Reaction score
Forgive me if this sound silly, but do you mean the metronome? If it is then just stop the song and press Command+U or go to the Control menu and deselect Metronome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
The only thing I can think of is that your getting some type of feedback from the speakers. Plug in a set of headphones or turn the volume down completely when you record the vocals. Although, I really wouldn't recommend recoreding your vocals on an internal mic. Even one of those cheap mics that plug into the input port would be better. Just my 2 cents. :headphone

--lifeafter2am

OP
D
Reaction score
Pulse-8 said:
Forgive me if this sound silly, but do you mean the metronome? If it is then just stop the song and press Command+U or go to the Control menu and deselect Metronome.

Yo, I think that actually worked. What exactly is metronome? Thanks again.

Reaction score
DropGems said:
Yo, I think that actually worked. What exactly is metronome? Thanks again.

Glad to help. The metronome basically just is like a clock...keeping time as an aid for recording in time with the rest of the tracks.

As lifeafter2am pointed out, an external mic would be far better than using the internal one. But it really all falls down to what you are doing.

OP
D
Reaction score
Pulse-8 said:
Glad to help. The metronome basically just is like a clock...keeping time as an aid for recording in time with the rest of the tracks.

As lifeafter2am pointed out, an external mic would be far better than using the internal one. But it really all falls down to what you are doing.

Cool thanks. Yea, I know the internal mic is ghetto. I'm just throwing little samples over some beats for now but maybe I'll eventually get a real mic. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.