CANT BOOT only wants disk 2 HELP!?!?!

T

tracer009

OMG help me!! I just got two 350MHz Power PC GC. So now they have become a little project for me, they are my first mac's....lol, and I am just messing with them.

So here's the deal. When I got them, they were both all locked up, I got them from a school, so needless to say they are locked. So I put os 9.2.1 on both of them. They both worked fine except you cant do anything with this os, so I wanted to upgrade to OsX. I got it to work on one of the macs, it runs beautifully, I have put games and programs on it....I love it.

Now the second one.....I used the same disks as I used for the first one, I have also tried several other disks, cd boots, then it asks me for cd 2, and no matter what i do to try and reboot, it only wants disk 2. I have tried putting in the original 9.2.1 disk, holding C while rebooting, and the darn thing thing still wants disk2.

I am ready to beat the thing with a bat, I have spent over 50 hours trying to get this thing to work.......I need to succeed!!

Someone please help.....Email if you want, msn if you want, just please help!!!

[email protected]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
What OS version? Do just a base install, no printer drivers or optional languages or apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Do they have firewire connections? If so, hook the bad-mac up to the good-mac with a firewire cable and press 't' (on the badmac) at startup.

The hardrive of badmac should show up on goodmac's desktop and you can then use the disk utility to restore the working installation onto the harddrive of the badmac.

Open Disk utility, select the badmacs partition and click 'restore'. Drag in the working OS X partition as 'source' and hit copy.

OP
T

tracer009

Aptmunich said:
Do they have firewire connections? If so, hook the bad-mac up to the good-mac with a firewire cable and press 't' (on the badmac) at startup.

The hardrive of badmac should show up on goodmac's desktop and you can then use the disk utility to restore the working installation onto the harddrive of the badmac.

Open Disk utility, select the badmacs partition and click 'restore'. Drag in the working OS X partition as 'source' and hit copy.

These puters do not have firewore, we are at a standstill, not sure what to do, we have tried putting the hard drive into our windows compuer nd wiping it, but it gives us the blue screen of death. We arent sure what to do next. We have to clone the good hard drive, but because it is only a 7 gb hard drive, we dont have the space to amke the dmg image.

Any other suggestionS??

Reaction score
Just a thought....if you installed linux on your PC and so had the dual-boot option there...couldn't the linux part of your PC recognise the bad HD and offer a reformat?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.