Macbook running awful

Reaction score
My Macbook has started to run pretty **** slow. Its the 2.0ghz white one, with just standard RAM. It used to run a lot better when I first got it. Is there any "cleaning up" or anything I can do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
S

sursuciofla

You don't need antivirus on a mac unless you are running that windows insert catchy word here. Antivirus slows it down more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I think they were being facetious with that. There is no registry in OsX, and spyware is not usually a problem either.

--lifeafter2am

F

Flash Fire

One small thing you can do...

Many times when you "install" software into your Apps folder, additional files are placed elsewhere on your computer. When you delete the "App" out of the Apps folder, well the program itself is gone but other "clutter" files still exist. So... I would either suggest deleting the "application cache" files yourself, or if you want, use a program such as AppZapper. :)

Just one small thing I know of that can get to be a little annoying after you're gone through quite your share of applications during the life of your Mac. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
If you sleep your Mac instead of shutting it down each night, then I'd suggest rebooting every 1-2 weeks. I do it about that often, mainly because my housekeeper bumps it >:-(

Other than that, I'd suggest AppZapper to continue what Flash Fire was just saying. If you want, fire up Activity Monitor and check what is taking up a lot of resources, if it is a specific app, just end it. The best thing to do, of course, is to buy more RAM. In my experience, both Rosetta and X11 apps run excruciatingly slow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
i never got into that AppZapper, but thats awsome. I also keep less files on my MB, i keep all the music on the mac mini to keep free space on here.

Bakks, how much hdd space have you used and what is left over so far?

-J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.