iMac monitor clicks every so often

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz 20", MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 13"
Does anyones iMac monitor click every so often? Sounds like stress to me or similar. Like a "click". I've noticed this on my iMac Intel 20" (1st gen).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I've noticed it on my 1.67Ghz Powerbook...sounds like the video card working away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
I'm not sure exactly what click you are talking about, but sometimes my 20" iMac will make the ever so slight click or creak noise as it heats up from extensive use, or as it cools shortly thereafter, as it does when I put it asleep. I've always attributed this to the expanding and contracting surfaces as the unit heats up and cools with use; all of which is understandable considering the tight tolerances. It's very quiet though, and would require everthying be off in the room for me to hear it.

-Chris

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz 20", MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 13"
^Yes exactly what I'm experiencing, moreso after I play a game or doing anything intensive. I guess its similar from what you hear after you drive your car for a long time. The cold/heat contracting/expanding on the pipes. At least give me peace of mind that I'm not the only one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.