iBook Clamshell DC-IN or Chargeboard?

Reaction score
I have a kick clamshell that I have slowly rebuilt and such to almost perfection but now it appears some minor things have broken down. I need to know, from anyone's experience, the source of the problem which is...

my battery doesn't charge (I know it's not the battery because I've had it charged on my friend's ibook and it holds a lot more of charge than when I charge it on mine) and so I believe it is either the DC-IN board (because it does light up "green" anymore) or the chargeboard? Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Drew_Ty said:
I have a kick clamshell that I have slowly rebuilt and such to almost perfection but now it appears some minor things have broken down. I need to know, from anyone's experience, the source of the problem which is...

my battery doesn't charge (I know it's not the battery because I've had it charged on my friend's ibook and it holds a lot more of charge than when I charge it on mine) and so I believe it is either the DC-IN board (because it does light up "green" anymore) or the chargeboard? Can anyone help?

I had a similar problem on an old iBook. The DC-In board was bad. I bought a new one, spent an afternoon tearing the iBook apart and replacing the board, and that fixed the issue. Well worth the money and time to fix it I think.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.