Any Graphic Designers Here?

Reaction score
Im a graphic designer and i'm interested in buying a 20" imac but am worried that it may not be very receptive whilst using multilayered photoshop files and potentially heavy multi tasking. I dont have the money for a mac pro so its the best I could buy new. I used one in work with just 512 ram and it really struggled. Would I perhaps be better off with a second hand G4
maxed out? Any help would be great, thanks......

Are there amy problems with overheating/known issues etc.
Cheers

nathan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I use a macbook pro for very large photoshop files with 2gb of ram, it does fine, but you can tell that photoshop is not a native x86 application, after it is photoshop is going to be very fast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
CS3 (due for release Q2 -3 2007 I believe) is fully Intel native so it will run much better even on 512mb of RAM. If you need to run CS2 then just be sure to have plenty of RAM and it should be fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.