The Start of My Mac Era Begins Tonight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2GHZ Intel Core Duo, 60GB HD, 2GB DDRAM
Hehe, the switch from PC to Mac starts tonight....

Ordered x2 - G.SKILL 1GB 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) from NewEgg for around $210.

Ordered x1 - Apple MacBook 13" Standard Shield from ShieldZone.com for about $45.

Ordered x1 - Apple Macbook Carrying Sleeve from eBay for about $25.

Next...Purchasing a White MacBook 2.0 GHZ, 512 RAM, 60GB HD from Apple Store.... :black:

boy is my debit card gonna be crying...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
I bought the same RAM. Mine was $206 with shipping and everything. What made you decide to go with the G.Skill RAM? Its the cheapest I could find. It has a lifetime warranty, and the reviewers seem happy, but geez, its $25-$65 less for each than the competition. I want to get a foof sleeve, and I dont think Ill be getting a shield. My MacBook is supposed to arrive on Wednesday, and my Wallet is crying too. Congratulations.

P

pbook24

i think i reccomended the g.skill to him, i use that too. g.skill is a good known brand, and it was cheap. also almost all of the reviews(105) on newegg are for macbooks(pro) or intel mini, which is all the same really

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol yeah ^ he did reccomend it to me, and also mines was 206 as well to be exact. but thanks. im planning to get my mac straight from the store, because I don't plan to customize anything really since im gonna upgrade everything with aftermarket products.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Congrats, hope you have fun with it!

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just got back to the apple store and got my MacBook !!!!! Comes with a free HP printer/scanner. Cost me $1364. With a 100$ mail in rebate. So I paid 1264 for a macbook and a printer. My stats: 2GHZ, 512 RAM (Upgrading to 2GB, already ordered), 60GB HD. i feel happier than a 5 year old who met santa clause xD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
I paid $120 fro 2 gigs

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh man macs are so hot (temp.) wise. ouch. ines is 77 degrees now. whew...

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
anyone got any good programs reccomended for macs? like basic programs ? aka firefox and such ?

P

pbook24

well. adium for IM.quicksilver for a launcher.azureus for torrent.candybar for icon changing. shapeshifter for themes.i use camino for browser.coconut battery.superduper! for backups.flip4mac for WMZ plugin for quicktime.some i use

S

sursuciofla

itsdaydrmer said:
anyone got any good programs reccomended for macs? like basic programs ? aka firefox and such ?

Blue Coconut, OnyX, Audacity, Handbrake, Opera, MacTheRipper, Netscape, Stuffit, Windows Media Player, Limewire, (Pbook recommended picks as well)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.