can you guys help?

J

jvieramobile

Hi, im new to the whole Mac community. I recently just purchased my first mac (and iMac g3/500, figured start small, see if I liked it b4 i made a huge investment) a few months ago and quite frankly I have enjoyed my slower mac so much more than even my fastest PC. Tomorrow I am planning on buying an orange g3/300 ibook clamshell, and as i was reading I was happy with everything except 1 thing.....the 6gb hdd. Can I replace this with ANY 2.5" IDE hdd or does it have to be mac-specific HDD for it to work with this particular ibook?
I am looking at a 30GB Western Digital IDe 2.5".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook; G4; 1.07 GHz; 512 MB; 30 gig; Combo Drive; Radeon 9200
[.02 cents]

If you are going to get a new Mac, why not upgrade instead of downgrade? Clamshells are not that amazing IMHO. Personally, I would move up to a G4. Much faster then the G3's; much more efficient. I got my G4 for only $460 shipped, so that goes without saying you can find a G4 close to a G3 price.

[/.02 cents]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.