New guy with mionor illuminated keyboard problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac os 10
New guy with minor illuminated keyboard problems

I'm new here and loving it...All the troubles and ideas I had about, how to and what to do, are addressed or will be..."THERE is Hope."

How can I get my keyboard to stay illuminated. It always needs a manual kick start. A small item and I am sure an easy fix but it drives me mad each predawn wake up.... Thanks all and thanks for having me.

T

todd51

You can go into your System Preferences on the Dock, and mess with the Keyboard & Mouse settings, but as far as everything is in there, I don't know any other way to mess with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
There's a tool somewhere that lets you enable the keyboard backlight from the menu bar, even when the ambient lighting is too bright for it to be useful.

Search around for it, I couldn't find it just then, but it's out there somewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Aptmunich said:
There's a tool somewhere that lets you enable the keyboard backlight from the menu bar, even when the ambient lighting is too bright for it to be useful.

Search around for it, I couldn't find it just then, but it's out there somewhere.
Is Lab Tick what you are thinking of? I don't have a backlit keyboard so I have no experience with this app, but I remembered seeing it awhile back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
yes... Lab Tick is the App that you need....i couldnt think of the name either...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
That's the one!

Thanks guys :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.