View .htaccess files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP i5
I know how to unhide all hidden files, but I'd rather not as I see a lot of crap all over. Is there any way I can only unhide .htaccess files and leave all the other hidden files hidden?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Use the SetFile command that comes with Developer Tools

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Develpoers tools comes with new macs and is also downloadable at the apple adc website but requires you to create an account. You need to install these tools, which may already be install on your Mac. This can be verified by looking in Macintosh HD and if there is a folder called Developer then you got 'em. There is a program/file within the tools called SetFile.

Stopping,...

If you want to continue, the use of the terminal is required.

cmd-shift-g then type /sbin then enter and a windows opens. copy SetFile into /sbin

Then open the terminlal and type man SetFile this will tell you how to use SetFile to change visibility of a file. Or just google using SetFile in OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 14", Intel-iMac 17"
Since OS X hides every file with a name that starts with a ., I use this Applescript to toggle "view/hide system files" when I need to see my .htaccess

Code:
set dotVisible to do shell script "defaults read com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles"
if dotVisible = "0" then
	do shell script "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles 1"
else
	do shell script "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles 0"
end if
tell application "Finder" to quit
delay 1
tell application "Finder" to activate

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.