• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Converter for ipod/PDA

Reaction score
i want to convert movies created through imovie into format for ipod video or pda (haven't decided to upgrade my ipod or buy palm TX PDA!).
What software is best for this as I would need 320x480 resolution for pda or 320x240 h264 format for ipod

Any suggestions please, preferably freeware!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
Can't iMovie create it for the iPod?

Open iMovie go to the menu and click share then iPod

OP
R
Reaction score
Imovie will only share with email, camera, idvd, quicktime or bluetooth. no option for ipod.

I am really after some software that will convert a quicktime file to a resolution compatible with ipod or PDA

What file formats should i use for each to keep size down but maintain quality

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
The latest version of iMovie does have an iPod option...

Anway, I'd recommend iSquint. It has a built-in iPod preset, but can also create other format films.

For max. quality at minimum size use h.264. But it is quite processor intensive and might not run on the PDA. In that case use Mpeg4 basic codec.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
isquint

i agree with aptmunich

go here

i've made a few and this software works seemlessly :mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.