About to switch =D

I

icywings8

I'm super excited about switching...I just have to get the rest of the money. I just had a few questions first: (I'm getting the upgraded 17" iMac btw)

-Which browser do you recommend? I'm used to Firefox, but if Safari is great, should I switch?

-I've heard of a thing called Flip4Mac or something, and will this allow me to watch all formats of video? I love anime, and it would be a big letdown if I cannot watch what I watch on WMP.

-Is torrenting the same? Like, can I just download the OS X version of bittorrent, and have it work like normal? Weird question, but I just want to make sure.

-For games, do I need to always buy a Mac specific version? Due to my being a teenager, I wont be able to afford another copy of Windows for BootCamp. I guess I'm screwed.

Thanks for all the help in advance!!! :headphone

.::Sean::.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
1) I use both depending really on how the mood suits me. :)
2) Flip4Mac works great!
3) Yes
4) Yes you do. Kinda sucks, but I dont really play computer games anyway.

Congrats, and enjoy it when you get it!

--lifeafter2am

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Games made by Blizzard are universal, you wont need to buy another copy. So if you have Warcraft, Diablo or Starcraft, you are in good shape.

I pretty much always use Firefox, Ive had a few incompaitable Safari web pages.

Reaction score
Windows Media stuff will play using Flip4Mac if the file isn't loaded with DRM that Microsoft reserves for Windows boxes only.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.