WEBCAMS with MSN Messenger 3.5?

• Thread starter ibookg4computer
  • Start date
I

ibookg4computer

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to use a webcam with MSN Messenger 3.5 for Mac OSX?
I have a friend who claims he can use a webcam with his mac and he uses OS9, and I find
it hard to believe that a webcam can be used with an older version of a certain software (MSN Messenger
in this case) than the later more up-to-date version?? Very frustrating........
Anyways, I cannot find any "webcam" option in MSN 3.5.......any help out there?

Thanks.

OP
P

PowerbookG417

there is no support under MSN for the use of cameras on a mac, the lovely people at microsoft have been lacking this for a while now, there have been many pitetions started up to have MS release a new verzion comapirable to 6 for the pc but nothing as of yet. Currenty with the 3.5 version for mac the only feature you have is emotions, and basic text messages. however if you have VPC you can DL the version 6 and use all the wonderfull features that way, however this can cause lots of headaches with the way VPC runes being slow and crashing all the time...but what can you expect from a MS program

OP
I

ibookg4computer

PowerbookG417 said:
there is no support under MSN for the use of cameras on a mac, the lovely people at microsoft have been lacking this for a while now, there have been many pitetions started up to have MS release a new verzion comapirable to 6 for the pc but nothing as of yet. Currenty with the 3.5 version for mac the only feature you have is emotions, and basic text messages. however if you have VPC you can DL the version 6 and use all the wonderfull features that way, however this can cause lots of headaches with the way VPC runes being slow and crashing all the time...but what can you expect from a MS program

Oh yes, how lovely.....well there you have it. This is why I bought a Mac in the first place, I HATE Microsoft.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.