difference between 1.83 ghz and 2.00 ghz??

Reaction score
Hi i am going to purchase a macbook with the 60 gig hd 512 ram and i am wondering if there is a big difference is speed between the 1.83 Ghz nd the 2.00 Ghz processor and also sould i just use any hd with a mac as an external hd?? thakn you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
What do you plan on doing with your MacBook? You can get many firewire or usb 2.0 external Hard Drives for your MacBook.

OP
P
Reaction score
Greenredfield said:
What do you plan on doing with your MacBook? You can get many firewire or usb 2.0 external Hard Drives for your MacBook.

Ok thank you i am planing on doing some pshop internet surfing copying cds some gaming here and there pwrpoint excel word and im a newbie to macs but i dont see any mac games on like bestbuy nd newegg can i just use pc games if not where do i buy trhem from

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
You need to buy Mac specific games, try Amazon. If you are on a budget, I would suggest getting the 1.83ghz and upgrading the RAM. If you have a little extra, I would reccommend getting the 2ghz with the DVD burner. Its more powerful, and I made the mistake of not getting a DVD burner with my first Mac. I think you will be happy with either one, yet will want atleast 1gig of RAM for Photoshop.

OP
P
Reaction score
thank you also are most of the windows program out for macs like nero vlc medis player aim and how bout bittorennt things can u get them for macs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Sure.

Nero = Toast
vlc = vlc
media player - hundreds..
aim = aim/iChat/adiumX
bittorrent=bittorrent

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
if you are buying a macbook, you also have the option of putting windows XP via bootcamp on it. i have XP on my macbook, and although I hardly use it, its there for certain programs/games if need be. good luck.

Roo

Reaction score
There's also a dictionary built in, which you might find to be quite useful. :D

P

pbook24

i find a significant difference between my sisters stock whitebook and my blackbook. i just upgraded my ram, so it is much faster, but even before it was a big difference. may not be the processor though

S

sursuciofla

p2592b said:
Hi i am going to purchase a macbook with the 60 gig hd 512 ram and i am wondering if there is a big difference is speed between the 1.83 Ghz nd the 2.00 Ghz processor and also sould i just use any hd with a mac as an external hd?? thakn you

It isn't necessarily processor speed that makes a computer faster. How fast your hdd is another factor. 0.17 jump in processor speed is not significant at all so there is really no noticeable difference. Get the faster hdd is what I would tell you. And yeah any external will work as far as I know.

D

DV'sG4

Blackbook!!! I just wish it was made out of the aluminum like the new black nano (=

Reaction score
I went for the cheapest spec, as I wanted to add more RAM and a bigger/faster hard drive later. I am not bothered about a DVD burner, as I have an external one.

I bought 2 Gb of RAM for ~ £90.00 (big increase in price over past week or so), and a 300Gb external hard drive.

Might go for a bigger internal hard drive next month, if wallet has recovered. :spook:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.